Forget the green beer… here are some tasty cocktails to toast with this St. Patrick’s Day.
1. Jameson & Ginger – recipe courtesy of cocktails.about.com
- 1 1/2 parts Jameson Irish Whiskey
- ginger ale
- squeeze of a lime wedge
Directions: Pour the whiskey into a highball glass filled with ice. Fill with ginger ale. Squeeze a lime wedge over the drink and drop it in.
2. Irish Car Bomb – recipe courtesy of coctails.org
- 1/2 pint (8 oz, 24 cl) Guinness stout
- 1 oz (3 cl) Jamison Irish whiskey
- 1 oz (3 cl) Bailey’s Irish cream
Directions: Pour Guinness into pint glass. Pour Jamison into shot glass and then without mixing pour Bailey’s into the shot glass. When ready to drink drop the shot glass into the pint, be mindful of spilling.*When the Bailey’s mixes with the beer it will start to curdle very fast, forcing one to chug the bomb making this drink a favorite among drinking contenders.
3. Irish Coffee – recipe courtesy partyfood.suite101.com, photo gourmetgirlmagazine.com
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish Whiskey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 6 ounces strong, hot, brewed coffee
- whipping cream
Directions: Pour whiskey into the bottom of a coffee mug. Add brown sugar and hot coffee; stir to combine. Gently spoon several tablespoons of cream over the top of the hot coffee mixture. Do not stir! Serve immediately.
leave a comment