or smitten I should say with Truly Smitten’s brand identity package for Vale of Enna. Organic in shape, texture, and color choice this branding package is pleasantly perfect for a flower shop. Letterpress alone makes me swoon but this die cut business card is magnificent! I have one suggestion to make this stationery suite utterly sense-sational, I would spray a light floral scent with each note making this shop simply impossible to forget.
See more detail trulysmitten.blogspot.com
As a passerby, who can resist piles of cookies clustered in a window? Definitely a draw for me, I had to see what this bakery had to offer. Upon entering I thought I had gone to heaven, Bird Bath Bakery not only smells divine but I learned they are a Green bakery, using all organic ingredients and their space and supplies are as sustainable as they come. The ultimate test was the tasting and I can assure you no crumbs will remain uneaten. The cookie package below contains an assortment of chocolate chip, all chocolate and oatmeal raisin cookies for $15, perfect as a hostess gift or if you are having company over. I brought a set to a superbowl party and within minutes all the cookies disappeared. Go on and let your inner monster have a treat or TWO.
145 7th Ave, btw 10th St & Charles St, birdbathbakery.com
Because love shouldn’t be showcased only one day out of the year… throw a dinner party and hand calligraph the menu with care, send love notes as invitations or for any old reason and stamp your way to someone’s heart, his and her scents bring harmony and peace of mind, catch the love bug and indulge, splurge on under garments fit for a queen and capture the feel good moments of wearing them on film, make a memorable monogram, and lastly, smell the roses everywhere you go.
1. hand calligraphed menu, cwarrendesign.com, 2. handmade valentine stamps, set of 6 $3, PS It’s in the Details 3. His and Her candles, $28 each, illume, 4. Love stamps spotted on love jenna 5. Personal photo shoot, haute boudoir photography spotted on snippet & ink, 6. Chocolate stitch hand sewn notes, set 0f 6 $18, Sugarcube Press, 7. Love bug Truffles, 4.86 oz. for $25, Moonstruck Chocolatier, spotted on realsimple.com, 8. My Pink Rose Ring, $10, shopruche.com 9. Phillip Lim lingerie, $75 each, net-a-porter.com 10. photo, spotted on The Posh Blog
Takes on a whole new meaning. While shopping for kitchen tables I came across this iron table that was topped with a coat of chalkboard paint. If it were a little smaller I would have been sold, I think it is such a fabulous idea! Let your kids, heck even adult guests entertain themselves for awhile with doodling and playing some tic tac toe. Outline your table settings and even place cards. Change you mind and wipe it all away, chalk it up to your imagine!!!
table, 29.5″ h x 42″ w, $149, www.seconddibs.com
if you like this, you may also like these
Dinner Belle Calling: Green is the new red this Valentine’s Day. So why not take a page out of Cupid’s book and add a little something “angelic” to your V-day dinner menu? If you’ve never tried Green Goddess dressing you’re in for a real treat. This recipe turns the delicious dressing into an irresistible dip, perfect for pairing with colorful crudités and crostini as an appetizer. So go ahead and give this one a try…
Green Goddess Dip:
- 2 Tablespoons each of chopped basil, tarragon, dill, chives and flat leaf parsley
- 4 anchovies
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 1 to 2 chopped garlic cloves (pending your affinity for the strong stuff)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayo
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Puree all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until completely smooth and the herbs are blended through. Add salt & pepper as desired and more lemon juice if needed.
Feel free to use low fat or fat free mayo & sour cream for a lighter (and still tasty) version.
Credit: Food Network Magazine. See more from Dinner Belle here.
Inspired Goodness is spreading their love this Valentine’s Day… they are reaching out to all engaged NYC couples and offering a contest to win free wedding event design services. This includes the works: planning, paper goods, day of materials, and the benefit of having professionals coordinate the whole vision come to life leading up to and the day off. Wedding contenders must be in NYC and fall between Aug. 1st 2010 and Dec. 15th 2010. Hurry and share your story on their blog here, the contest ends Friday, February 12 at midnight EST. Winner will be announced on their blog Monday, February 15. Best of luck to you!
One of my favorite game day snacks is spinach and artichoke dip. It is delicious & dangerous and by dangerous I mean the guilt we can feel by taking in all those extra calories. Well no more! Bethanny Frankel has made a healthier version of this go-to game time dish with just a few simple and extremely still edible substitutions. I have tried it myself and my stomach wouldn’t lie to you folks, it is very yummy. So go on and cheer for your team, hoping your only guilty pleasure is a victory.
image spotted on bfeedme.com
Guilt-free Artichoke and Spinach Dip, recipe courtesy of Bethenny Frankel from her book The Skinny Girl Dish
Ingredients: serves 6 (see ingredient variations & more on hollywoodlife.com)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine all of the ingredients except 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan in a large bowl or food processor. Blend or pulse until mostly smooth, but leave some artichoke chunks for texture.
2. Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish or casserole. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through and just starting to bubble. Let the dip sit for at least 10 minutes. Serve warm with thin slices of baguette, raw vegetables, baked tortilla chips, or crackers. (I like crostinis or bagel chips also)
Send out some sass this Valentine’s Day…
1. & 4. Single Awareness Day & Kiss Me Already You Know You Want to, $2.50 each, nouveau designs etsy.com 2. Will You be My Valentine, FYI I’m Easy, $4.50, Old Tom Foolery, 3. sad girl with balloons by Red cap & ‘valentine’s should be cancelled pop quiz by Regional, available at Urbanic Paper Boutique spotted via Parcel Post 5. Love bites, created by Amanda Larsen Design, custom printed 15 for $45, minted.com
send your special someone some love…
1. & 2. You Rock, $6 & I Love You Best, $4.50, EggPress.com, 3. Smokin Hot, $4.25, Chewing the Cud, etsy.com, 4. For My Love 2, $3.50, wileyvalentine.com, 5. I Love You, $3, Pistachio Press, available on etsy.com, 6. Owl Love You Forever, $6, nightowlpapergoods.com